Sunday, August 5, 2012

Portland - Lazy Sunday

We made it into Portland this morning with plenty of time for church. There was this really neat can parked across the street from the church building and I kind of expected that to be a good sign. It was fast Sunday and we attended the Portland Alameda ward. After church we got a hotel and headed to the Portland Market. I have been hearing that the markets here are awesome for the last 10 years or so and I think that may have built up my expectations too much, or maybe it is just that the market in St. Augustine that my mom does is just a better mix. There was a ton of jewelry. It was probably half of the booths that sold jewelry. All in all it was nice to walk around.


We didn't find much that we couldn't live without and in the end all I ended up buying wasn't even for me. I was really surprised not to find any vegan food booths at the market, but on the way back to the car I used my app to look for something and ended up finding a Lebanese Restaurant called Habibi. I got vegan grape leaves and a spinach lentil soup it was really good. After that Deb wanted a nap. I thought that she had set an alarm, but when I woke up 3 hours later it was obvious that we were both hoping the other one would wake us. We drove down to the Portland temple. Since it is Sunday the temple is closed. Apparently it is closed for some work as the grounds were roped off and there was a sign saying it was closed even to foot traffic. I was a little bummed that we didn't really get to explore the temple grounds, but there was a visitors center, so we got to go in there and that was a good Sunday activity.


Come back tomorrow to see what other fun things we find to see and do in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment