Sunday, August 12, 2012

I just can't help myself

This will be the last post for this trip I promise. So we got up at what we thought would be the right time and headed toward Chattanooga for church. We knew it was a branch, but we were expecting to see a phase one building what we found was much cooler. Since the numbers in that area are not great enough for a building the church is renting a house, not that uncommon, but this house dates back to the civil war! It was amazing and beautiful and everything you expect a civil war plantation house to be. Just curious how many of you can say that you attended church in a civil war generals headquarters?

Apparently we missed a time change on the way to church so we walked in thinking we were a few minutes early when in fact we had missed Relief Society. We still got to attend Sunday School and Sacrament though, thank you Heavenly Father for reverse scheduling.

We headed out straight out from church and stopped a little down the road to make a sandwich for Deb and a wrap for me. Then back in the car. We stopped somewhere in Ga. for gas and made it back to My house about 8:15pm a head of schedule:) Bonus was since we came into Florida a different way I got to see a new welcome sign. Glad to be home even if the cat is mad at me for leaving and won't come near me. See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment