Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mostly Driving - Friday 8/10/12

We had car snacks for breakfast this morning in lieu of stopping for breakfast. We decided that before leaving the park there was one more hike we wanted to take. The problem was we couldn’t figure out how to get to it. So back to the Visitors Center we went and with directions in hand we drove to the trail head. Adams Falls was really nice. Unfortunately the best view required a little bit of climbing and I was not in the climbing mood, so you can thank Deb for her shots of the falls from farther down the path. The waterfall was in the rock and so it had many points where the view was hidden and then appeared again making photographing it as a whole quite difficult.


Once we were done with the falls we headed for Kansas. We stopped for lunch just outside of Denver at a place I found on my VeganSteven App. We drove for a total of 531 miles today, which isn’t bad since once we got lunch we also stopped at Sam’s club for water and I bought a box of Larabars. We ended up stopping for the night in Salina, KS at a Motel 6. As we drove up Deb said, I think I stayed somewhere with Wendy and the kids that looks similar to this. When she came out she said it wasn’t someplace similar, it was here.  The internet is down. So I am once again typing this on the computer to upload at a later date. Tomorrow will be lots more driving. We need to get in about 800 miles so I am not sure that there will be much else happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment