Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hello August

So in case you were wondering. I got sick again on the flight from Atlanta to Seattle. It was an hour late getting in and then Deb couldn't figure out how to find me at the airport. Eventually I told her to stay put and I would come to her. It worked and I finally got to bed about 12:30 Seattle time, which is 3:30 EST in case you were wondering. Not good since I got up at 4:15 to take my Dad to the airport.

Today was an awesome way to welcome in a new month. How could it not be great to start off the month on vacation. We first took a trip to what was supposed to be a Dunkin Donuts with vegan options. It turned out to be a greek place with donuts. Deb got a few but I walked away empty handed. She stopped at a Mc Donalds to get something to eat, so I got a hashbrown and an oatmeal with no cream.

Then we headed off to the Seattle Temple, it was amazing and beautiful there were so many flowers in bloom on temple grounds I think we picked a good time to visit.


Leaving the Temple we hit a little bit of light traffic on the way to our lunch reservation at Sky City, the revolving restraunt at the top of the space needle. They had a salad on the menu that was vegan, but I decided to splurge and get the king Salmon. It was really good and I haven't had any seafood in a few weeks, so i figured why not.


Then back to the car to get the bikes and some jeans for me since I was still wearing my dress we took off to Pike Place Market for some shopping it was only a 20 minute bike ride. The market flowers were so beautiful and not overly expensive it made me wish I lived here so that I could take some home and at these prices I could almost always afford to have fresh flowers in the house. Small bouquets were $5 the largest ones were only $15 and they were beautiful and very diverse. I settled for some fruit and a really cute bag ( you can see it in the ferry photo).


Next we took a ferry to Kingston.


Once off the ferry we drove on to Port Angeles and had dinner at a place called Bella Italia. I ordered the Pasta Primavera with no dairy and a small salad. It was really quite good. Then we went hotel hunting, or was the hotel staff hunting us? We stopped at this place called the Flagstone Motel to see how much the rooms were. Deborah went in and I stayed in the car. She was in there a few minutes and then came back and started the car. We had already been on our way to a different hotel which the online rates were $32-55. I asked "how much?" Deb's response was "$90, but she said she would come down to $80." She puts the car in drive and starts to pull out when this little Korean woman in a night gown and slippers comes out the front door. She hits the brakes and rolls down the window and the lady leans in the car window and says, "oh hello (looking at me) ok for you I do $65. Deborah trys to explain that we had another lead on a much cheaper hotel and the lady says its a very nice room. I give you the single rate even though there is two of you and I give you two beds also.  Deb hem haws a little and looks to me for an answer, so the lady says ok $60 and Deborah caved. I mean this woman was working hard not to let us leave and it was like 60 degrees out and she is in a thin t-shirt material night gown trying to persuade us to rent a room.

For the record it is a really nice room. Hope you'll come back tomorrow for more of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment