Friday, May 21, 2010

Day Fourteen

I drove 663 miles today but we made it home. We stopped for lunch in Fayetteville, NC at Fuller's Old Fashioned BBQ Buffet. It was the best southern cooking I have ever had. It was a welcome home meal if I have ever had one. Any southern food you can think of was not only on the buffet but cooked to perfection all for only $6.99 (lunch) a person, amazing! Usually if the food on a buffet is great the deserts are not so great, but this was so not the case here. I ate so much I was still full when it came time for dinner. I seriously considered moving to North Carolina so that I could eat here regularly. And the best part is they have one in Lumberton, NC too. I highly suggest that if you are anywhere near either city that you stop in. Come hungry because everything I had was fabulous.




My car hit 50,000 miles in Holly Hill South Carolina. I of course could not help but take pictures of this milestone for our ride that made it to Canada and back.



Below is a picture of the trip that we took highlighted in yellow on the map.

Hope you enjoyed the journey. Here are some statistics:
Miles driven: 3,968
Countries visited: 2
States/Districts/Provinces visited: 18
Fill-up's: 16
Gallons of gas used: 130.6
Average MPG: 30
Hotels visited: 8
Restaurants eaten in: 23
Ice Cream shops visited: 3
Temples seen: 5
Sessions done: 3
Crazy people seen: 4
Postcards sent: 120
Tires used: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment