Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Nine

If you are ever in Brunswick Maine, you should have my uncle take you around. He drove us all over today. The best things to see are always known by the locals, and though Bob only lives in Maine 6 months out of the year, he grew up in Brunswick Maine and his family has ties going back as far as 1763. We took lots of pictures and they are pretty, but trust me when I say that the view here is way better than the photos. Our first stop was a bridge stretching from Brunswick to Topsham. A fun fact about this bridge is that it is the same bridge that was here when my uncle Bob was a child. This is a picture of the bridge and one of me and Bob on the bridge.

Up next was a cribstone bridge. Apparently there are only 2 of these in existence, and this is the only one on the North American continent and this one is being repaired. It is made by stacking granite pillars. It looks "like a game of pick up sticks" according to Deb.
Next stop was Mackerel Cove. There was a cute tire swing here along the water that some kids were playing on when we got here. There were several boats in the cove when we arrived, it was totally picturesque.
We then went to Land's End. It was beautiful. The rocks looked like petrified wood. There was quartz and iron running through them. The rocks were so pretty I grabbed a few of them to bring home. Some are quartz and others have Micah in them so they sparkle. There was a gift shop there that we got some Salt Water Taffy, postcards and Deb got a magnet.
We had lunch at Danny's on the park. A hot dog trailer that is hauled into the park daily by the owner's sons. Danny's has been a staple in Brunswick for over 40 years, and you can tell the dogs are good by the line. We stood in line for a good 30 minutes for our dogs and they were well worth the wait.
After Danny's we came back to my Uncle's and I have to admit that I fell asleep too. For dinner we went to the New China Super Buffet, it was fabulous. I didn't actually eat any Chinese food, they had Crab Legs on the buffet and they were the best Crab Legs I have ever eaten. Deb said that the Chinese food was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment