Saturday, May 1, 2010

Less than one week to go

So the itinerary is set, and the list of things to pack has been made. I already put my passport in the car and have started the laundry. I even got a hair cut so that I won't end up with a thousand photos of me with my hair pulled back. I cleaned out and washed the car, I am so excited to get on the road. I just need to work 40 more hours and then it is go time!

I know what you are thinking, so what is the plan. I will share the itinerary with you but be warned in advance it may vary a little once we hit the road. Things don't always go according to plan.

DAY 1- leave Jax early and drive to West Virginia. Now I know what you are thinking, I am crazy for thinking that I can drive 14 hours in one day, and to that I will say, yes I am crazy and I totally plan on doing it too, day 2 depends on how far we get on day one and I will be so excited to be on vacation the drive, in theory at least, should be no problem.

DAY 2 - drive to Palmyra, NY and do a temple session

DAY 3 - attend church in Palmyra and visit church historical sites

DAY 4 - Niagara Falls, oh yeah up first is the view from the NY side and then we will cross over into Canada to see it from that side. I have always heard that it is prettier on the Canadian side and I want to test that theory out. We then want to drive by the Toronto temple and check it out and then start towards Montreal.

DAY 5 - Drive back to the US on the way to Montreal, I know it seems silly to come back when we just left the day before, but I totally found a castle and it is on US soil, so we are going to hop the boarder and check it out, we hope to catch the 7:30 session at the Montreal temple.

Day 6 - Drive to and explore Quebec, this is Deb's day. I have given her total control so it should be fun, but I am leaving the details and decisions to her, but I will continue to drive :)

DAY 7 - Drive to Bar Harbor and check out parts of Acadia

DAY 8 - explore Acadia National Park, we hope to be able to do the non-technical mountain climb of Precipice Point this day. We will be going to my Uncle's for dinner

DAY 9 - My uncle is going to take us around on a tour of Maine. He mentioned something about a lobster and a boat, but once again I am giving up control of this day. I am going to sit back and enjoy, maybe if I am lucky he will do all the driving.

DAY 10 - attend church in Maine, there is a meeting house like 4 and a half miles from my uncle's how great is that!

DAY 11 - leave Maine for New York City, well North Bergen, NJ to be exact. At least that is where our hotel is located, but we totally plan on spending some time in the city this day.

DAY 12 - explore New York among some of the places we want to visit are Central Park, Empire State Building, Manhattan Temple, Gray's Papaya, Brooklyn Bridge, Mood, Chinatown and I am sure that there are more but I can not find the list right now.... hope we can fit it all in in just 2 days.

DAY 13 - Check out of the hotel and drive to Liberty Park, from here we can take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, I have been told this could take the whole day so from here on out the rest of the trip is not really planned, we may stay an extra day exploring NY or start heading home. Some of the places we might stop and check out, if there is time, include Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC

There are 16 days total that we can be gone, hope you will check to see what we are up to and remember the adventure begins May 7, 2010. Enjoy. I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment