Friday, May 14, 2010

Day Eight

Today we went back to beautiful Acadia National Park and climbed the beehive trail, pictured below.






The precipice trail was closed due to nesting falcons, so we settled for the beehive which was shorter and probably better suited to us as it is still quite a hike. There are several patches of the trail where the cliff is exposed and there are other portions with only rungs to climb up. Some guys passed us as we were climbing and offered to take a picture of the 2 of us in exchange for one of the three of them. This picture was taken about half way up the trail.




At one point I reached for the rung and scraped my finger on the mountain. It was bleeding pretty badly and we had not thought to bring bandaids. Luckily Deb thought quickly and gave me the label from her water bottle and guess what it worked.



The trail was a lot of fun. There is a video of me climbing a small portion of the trail to give you an idea of what it was like.




After tackling the beehive, we drove around Acadia and saw some more of the sights jumping out at most of the pull offs and snapping a few pictures. Deb wanted to look for the pebbled beach that she kept seeing in the postcards, and we found it.






On the way to visit my Uncle we stopped for dinner at the A1 diner in Gardnier, Maine and had the famouse Onion Rings. They were fabulous. We took out almost an entire take-out container full though and we ate quite a bit. I suggested just eating onion rings and mint patty cheesecake for dinner, but Deb talked me into ordering some real food, so I had the Mac and Cheese with Ham. It was very good, but I was too full to order the cheesecake. In retrospect I should have ordered it to go, but I think I will live without it.


We are staying with my uncle for a few nights. He is going to take us around tomorrow, and don't tell Deb, but I am actually looking forward to a day free of driving. She has offered, but I am being overly protective of my car especially after the mirror incident.




Check back tomorrow for more of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment