Friday, June 24, 2011

The Mini Roadtrip

So for my 31st birthday my best friend and I are going on a mini trip. I say mini because we only have 4 days. For anyone that knows us, this is not very long at all. Our last trip was 2 weeks which was 20 plus days shorter than the one before it. Oh dear I do hope that there is not a trend going here.


So on our way home from Maine last year we stopped at a place called Fuller's Old Fashioned Barbeque in Fayetteville, NC. Now I know that people think I am crazy wanting to drive 800 miles to eat some food, but let me tell ya it was good southern cooking. Everytime we are together we talk about it and say I wish we could have Fuller's for dinner tonight, tommorrow AND Sunday night we plan to make that wish a reality. Of course we will find a few other things to do along the way. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

We left my house about 4pm today. Our first stop was the Old Navy by the Airport. I know lame, but they had a $2 tank sale going on who can pass that up? Next we needed ice, so we ventured into the evil empire (Wal-mart) for some treats for the movie and some ice. Yes you read correctly MOVIE. Deb found a Drive-in Theater in Beaufort, SC. Here are some pictures of us before the movie started. We got to the theater at like 9 pm and there was still a line of 2-3 cars ahead of us.





The movie was scheduled to start at 8:45 it was closer to 9:15 before things got started. But they only charged $6 each and if we could have kept our eyelids open and had a hotel lined up for the night we would have stayed for the second feature as it was included in the price. Pretty sweet. We saw Cars 2 and missed out on the new Pirates of the Carribean movie but it was over 2 hours long and it was after 11pm when Cars 2 ended.

It was a cute movie about staying true to your friends even if/when they act embarrassing. It was pretty good. I still can't figure out why all of the cars in the race looked like stock cars but one. There was a formula one car in the movie. Strange.

We decided to stay in Beaufort tonight and got a room at the Quality Inn, set us back $56, but all in all it is a nice room.

Check back tomorrow for more of the adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment