Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day Two

Well the day started early, cold, rainy and with two unexpected surprises. The first came when I went to get ice and forgot the key card in the room. Which to many would not be that big of a deal especially since I am traveling with my best friend. Except my best friend was in the shower and happens to be hearing impaired. So not only was I stuck outside in the cold, literally, she couldn't hear my attempts to get back in. I took a deep breath and then sat down and called my Dad. I know you are thinking, how did she manage to grab her cell phone, but not the room key? The answer is no clue? Eventually she did hear me though and I was able to get back into the room, but Deb still ended up packing the cooler while I got ready since I wasted all that time locked out of the room.


The second surprise came after breakfast when we hit the interstate. I noticed that my driver's side view mirror was shaky, so I inspected the one on the other side to see if there was something wrong with the tires. Much to my dismay I discovered that sometime in the night or early that morning someone must have hit my mirror, knocking it loose. See picture below:



The Good news is that it only shakes if going more than 55 miles an hour and I do not think it is in danger of falling off. We drove about 300 miles today. Through Pennsylvania and to New York. Here are some pictures that Deb took from the car, trust me the view was much better in person, but hey that is the best I can do since you didn't get to come along.





We made it to the Palmyra temple about 5 minutes before the time that we needed to be there so most of our pictures were taken after our session here are a few pictures of the temple, cameras are not allowed inside.


Here is a picture that deb found online of the stained glass mural inside the temple. Click on the link for the story behind it all. http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=40428c6a47e0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD











1 comment: