Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 3 of the mini-trip

Well today was slightly disappointing. We got up and went to church at the Fayetteville 1st ward. Everyone was nice and friendly asking us if we were new to the ward and chatting about Florida. After church we decided to have a light lunch, so as to be hungry for dinner at Fuller's yes I know we ate there yesterday, but that was the Lumberton location and we are in Fayettesville. After lunch at Subway we ran into a huge Flea Market and just couldn't resist stopping to take a look eventhough it was Sunday. I think Deb was trying to make up for me missing all of the Antique stores yesterday. After the Flea Market we tried to go to a local bookstore, but they are closed on Sundays. So we went back to the room and played some more go-spel.

I tried to get Deb to leave the room as early as 5:30 to go eat dinner, but she wasn't ready yet, so I snacked on some popcorn from the Lobby. The hotel has a popcorn machine and at anytime of the day or night you can go in to get popcorn. By the time we left to eat it was after 6pm and apparently Fullers is only open from 11am-4pm on Sunday's. So that means we won't get to eat at the Fullers here in Fayetteville at all :( We finally decided on a place for dinner called the Sandpiper Seafood and BBQ Buffet because the person we asked for a suggestion said:
1.) Subway - we had that for lunch
2.) Fullers - I wish, they were closed
3.) Sandpiper - "it's like Fullers"

What he must have meant is that it is also a buffet, like Fullers. The food was about half as good. I am in no hurry to come back to eat there. I will try to stop by Fullers the next time I am passing through though and Deb has promised we will go back to the one in Lumberton tomorrow on our way home :)

I think we will play a few rounds of go-spel and then hit the hay. Check out this puzzle it is cool. You get extra points if you use words from the New Testament.


No comments:

Post a Comment